Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fmr Senator Santorum: McCain doesn't understand torture

Last night I read about this and was truly flabbergasted. I mean, when Santorum was still in grammar school, John McCain was subjected to abuse at the hands of the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam War. John McCain has been a strong advocate of proper and outlined doctrine regarding "traditional" interrogation. He also speaks virulently about how "enhanced" interrogation does not work. And if there is anyone who should know- its someone who has been subjected to these various techniques.

But oh no... not according to Santorum.

Despite what Leon Pannetta said and I mean, he's just a cabinet member.

Despite what the chair of the Senate Intelligence committee, Senator Dianne Feinstein has stated.

But Rick Santorum, knows that A leads to B which leads to C which led to the death of the most wanted man in the world.

According to Rick Santorum, "I mean, you break somebody, and after they're broken, they become cooperative. And that's when we got this information. And one thing led to another, and led to another, and that's how we ended up with bin Laden"

This makes it sound like Khalid Sheik Mohammed is a horse. I mean we break horses like this to make them do what we want, to make them more docile. But I shouldn't be surprised by this... (He does seem a little concerned about this man-animal connection)

In the end, I finally found someone who said everything that I was thinking... Rachel Maddow addressed this last night during her show. And she was apparently just as flabbergasted as I was by these statements.



Thank you Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment