Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Question about the TSA funding and current politics

As PZ Myers pointed out on his blog Pharyngula, there is a debate going on at "The Economist" on whetehr the TSA and airport security.

My question is this: given the current obsession with privatizing everything under the sun, shouldn't airport security be privatized? After all, why should I, who fly very little, have my tax dollars go to something which I hardly ever use. I am being only a little bit facetious here, but the argument can be made that airlines should pass on the cost of the TSA screenings to those people using their service, and not to the great majority of citizens who do not. Sounds a little bit like the health care debate except that everybody at some point will use health care, but not everybody will use an airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment